[BRLTTY] Re: Write of brltty.pid on read-konly file systems at boot

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Tue Dec 19 07:21:59 EST 2006

Hi,
On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 04:06:57PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> They don't need to, it's written in /etc/init.d/brltty
	Yes but this is Debian specific no ?
	So what to do for other distros such as Fedora, RedHat, Suse and
so on ?
	Dave, You talked about an asynchronous event to write the PID
file, how does this can work ?
	Actually, I think the problem is not the location, /var/run
should be maintained sioce it's a good place for all PID file and
temporary runtime storage informations.
	But the problem is how to defer the actual writing of the PID
and be sure that this is a safe method and that it's done only once, of
course.