[BRLTTY] Re: Write of brltty.pid on read-konly file systems at boot

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 19 11:38:21 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Yannick PLASSIARD on 2006/12/19 at 14:08 +0100]

>Or even more, reading the existing PID file and just see if a such PID exists
>in the system. If not, then it comes from a previous crash. If yes, it would
>mean another BrlTty is running.

That may not work to well for boot processes since they all tend to have
similar pids. The common case where the boot sequence doesn't change and the
pid is the same can be detected, but a slight alteration in the sequence could
easily mean that the old pid matches that of some other active process.