[BRLTTY] Problem with fedora installer and supervario 40

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Feb 27 14:33:02 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Sauro Cesaretti on 2006/02/27 at 19:53 +0100]

>I tried to write this string:
>text brltty=bm,usb:,it
>but unfortunately, It doesn't work.

Okay ... I've looked back at dates. The FC3 installer image was made in
November of 2004. The Baum driver didn't exist back then and wouldn't be on it.

>When the installert starts it shows this message:
>brltty: unsupported device: usb:
>I tried with fedora core 4 installer too,but I received the same message.

The FC4 image was made on June 24 of 2005. This was right while the Baum driver
was being developed. If I remember correctly, a pre-production version of
brltty-3.7 is on it. It's entirely possible tat USB support for the Baum driver
hadn't been added yet.

>Is there another solution?

These images could be remade with a newer brltty.