[BRLTTY] fedora install

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 10 12:43:16 EST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net on 2006/01/10 at 09:34 -0700]
>
>> I got the fedora foiur installer with brltty on it. and I am
>> currently download the last of the four original installer disks of
>> fedora four. what to do from here, do I need disk 1 of the original
>> fc4 install cd's or is the brltty enough to start the install. so
>> then do I just need fc4 disk 2, 3, and 4 to do the install?
>
> You'll need all four install CDs. The installer will tell you which one to
> insert when.

Note though that if you're trying to avoid the trouble of downloading and
burning 4 CDs, it is possible to do a network install over the internet.
Assuming you have broadband access from the installed machine and don't
need fancy drivers during the install. I did manage to install a machine
using only the brlfc4.iso. You need to find some FTP or HTTP server and
give the URL to the installer, and there are no tools to debug your
network setup. But when it works, it's nice :-). If you're a novice or you
have trouble getting the network setup right, then downloading and burning
CD images is less trouble.

Good luck

--
Stéphane Doyon