[BRLTTY] BrailleNote Baud Rate

GUI Access guiaccess at covad.net
Thu Jan 26 10:28:31 EST 2006

I have a BrailleNote which is at least five years old.  I'm not
incredibly familiar with the device but would like to use it as a
Braille terminal under UNIX.

It appears as though the brltty BrailleNote driver assumes a baud
rate of 38400.  When in Terminal mode, do all BrailleNotes assume
this baud rate?  Does anyone on the list have experience using a
five-year-old BrailleNote?  I am unable to access the device under
UNIX.

I tried hooking up this BrailleNote to JAWS 4.51 (the newest version
of JAWS I have and plan to get) and it worked the first time with the
device.  Looking at the JAWS .ini file for the BrailleNote settings
doesn't show any interesting serial port initialization string.  So
what's JAWS doing to get this to work.

Thanks,

GUI Access