[BRLTTY] brltty fedora boot cd not booting my gw1450 laptop

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Thu Jan 19 11:23:10 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:28:19AM -0700, BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net wrote:
> Hi, after downloading and burning the four fedora cd's and the brltty
> fedora four installer, I put in the brltty fedora installer cd and it
> gets stuck at loading /sbin/loader or something to that affect and
> doesn't even start my gateway 1450.
> it is a celeron 1.2 ghz with 256 ram, 20gb hdd with windows xp on it
> running fat32 file system. (I hate ntfs)
> any thing I could type at the boot prompt to make it go? cause what I
> typed is:
> tesxt brltty=bn,ttyS0,us
> I am using a braillenote pk (which amazing worked withh the oralux cd
> with my pk) so I know the brltty works with my dsplay, any ideas??

There are many reasons who could lead into this kind of troubles.
What you can try is typing "expert" at the "boot: " process and ask someone to read what is printed out on the screen. I do not use Fedora Core and don't what /sbin/loader is intended to, but if it replaces init and doesn't want to start, it will be very difficult for you to have a successful install...
Try to come back with more detailed explainations of what happens when the problem arrives.

Regards,
	Yannick