[BRLTTY] BrailleNote Baud Rate

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jan 27 11:16:44 EST 2006

[quoted lines by GUI Access on 2006/01/27 at 07:32 -0800]

>3.6.2.  Haven't tried the latest yet, though it looks like the latest
>is also assuming 38400 baud.

I've only ever known BrailleNotes to use 38400 baud in braille terminal mode.
That's why it's hard-coded. I'll look into it further, though.

>>What options are you using when invoking brltty?
>
>Nothing special.

I'd just like to be sure that you're using the correct device. 3.6.2 still
defaults to the first serial port, which would map to Windows COM1. Is that
where your BrailleNote is connected?

>BTW, there doesn't appear to be any sort of menu/settings in the
>BrailleNote for changing the baud rate for the terminal/speech
>synthesizer.

No, there isn't. Note that the BrailleNote does use a slower baud for its
speech synthesizer.