[BRLTTY] Re: Speech enhancements

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Mar 17 03:01:46 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2006/03/17 at 18:11 +1100]

>Perhaps the word identification function should be accessed via a pointer that
>can be updated depending on the language of the input.

At the very least, the initial code, which, for expediency, might as well be
something simple, should be encapsulated in a function.  That'd make it easy to
change when future generalizations are adequately understood.

So far, we've discussed one of the four times when autospeak speaks. The other
three are character replacement, character deletion, and moving to a new line.
Should all four be separately enablable, or is that too much conbfiguration?