[BRLTTY] Newbie questions

Andrea Roveretto andrea at andrearoveretto.it
Mon May 22 10:06:05 EDT 2006

Hello!
I am a linux newbie so sorry for any stupidity I can say...
I have just installed an unstable version of debian, the daily build, since
it has support for the last version of brltty during installation.
I have a freedom scientific braille display and I have started the boot with
linux brltty=fs,usb0,de
During the installation the braille support was working.
After installing the brltty version that was installed was not the last so I
had to upgrade, but also after the upgrade brltty is not working.
In particular when I execute brltty no error messages are presented but the
braille display remains silent.
in the config file of brltty the display is set correctly, the port is
/dev/usb0, and the table is de.

What can I try?
is there a linux distro with the last brltty installed that I can download
instead of the one unstable I am running?

Thanks
Andrea Roveretto

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-3, 19/05/2006
Tested on: 22/05/2006 16.06.11