[BRLTTY] key problems on Alva Satellite 544 with brltty 3.7.2

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 2 14:47:39 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2006/10/02 at 10:54 -0400]

>I wish you could autorepeat panning

Why? How is autorepeat of horizontal motions (other than single character
left/right) actually useful? What makes autorepeat of single character motions
useful is their predictability. The display content of full width motions, on
the other hand, isn't predictable when done at high speed so it's much easier
for a user to get lost. Is it just that the "panning" keys are easier to press
so they become a convenient shorthand for up/down motions in spite of the fact
that, more often than not, the user has to fiddle around a lot to figure out
where he's finally stopped at?

>but this is deemed politically incorrect

I'm about as politically incorrect as a person can be. All you need to do is to
convince me that the functionality you're looking for is generally useful.