[BRLTTY] key problems on Alva Satellite 544 with brltty 3.7.2

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Tue Oct 3 09:22:25 EDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 03:03:27PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Aldo on 2006/10/02 at 20:58 +0200]
>
> >I don't understand that choice as default; it is practical and increases
> >efficiency.
>
> My thought at the time was that the default should minimize user surprises. I
> might've been wrong. What do others think about whether autorepeat should
> default to on or off? This is a good time to discuss it since 3.8 will probably
> be released soon.
>
> Are there any other features which anyone would really like to see in 3.8?

Personally, not; just the autorepeat, since that feature is / was still
present since we learend to use a braille display under DOS (hm! long
time ago) at school.

To prevent from surprises, maybe you can increase the delay before it
begins to autorepeat, 1 sec or 80 ms should probably be long enough
(test it and feel free to decide what's the best ratio)

Aldo.