[BRLTTY] Combi Braille on fast processor?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Oct 3 17:04:19 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2006/10/03 at 14:46 -0400]

>Not to rub a sore point,

No sore point exists so there's nothing to rub.

>I run with Autorepeat off in brltty and get repetition. I don't remember that
>turning autorepeat on had any effect

It wouldn't. The CombiBraille driver doesn't request core autorepeat
facilities.

>Recently I took this device home, where the computer is an AMD 64 processor
>running 32-bit Windows XP and Cygwin. Vertical line movement still repeats
>as it should, but horizontal repetition is hosed. It's not that it doesn't
>repeat, but the dots don't register any movement until after (some little
>while after) the panning key is released. So, for example, if I'm on the
>top line and I hold down the pan right key, when I release it I might be
>halfway or more down the screen. Of course, if I don't hold the key it just
>goes one string.

The CombiBraille driver does use brltty's core flow control facility so I doubt
that's it (although I shall double-check the code for accuracy). Do you know
the rate at which the repeated key signals are sent?