[BRLTTY] problem get Pacmate to work right

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Sep 2 06:20:46 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:07:24PM -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
> I am trying to install Fedora Core 5 on a Dell computer.  When I type in any of
> these commands the Pacmate comes up but then it has an error 84 startup error.
Is there anything in the manual to explain what the error means?

> I get the same error for all of these.  A couple of questions do you have to
> specify what usb port?  Secondly, is there something in my command wrong?
No, you don't have to specify which USB port. The device is detected by the
operating system, then by BRLTTY, and you shouldn't even have to specify what
kind of braille display it is.

Since I've never used Freedom Scientific displays I can't help, but finding
out what the error means would be a good start.