[BRLTTY] an accessible VM to run Linux on

mrkiko mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 10:24:31 EDT 2006

All the people should be warned: if you want to run very fastly Linux inside
Linux, there are two very interesting, easy and accessible solutions:

1 - UML: user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net
2 - vserver: http://linux-vserver.org/

a warning about UML: the documentation says that you must patch your kernel,
but it's not true, you must only go in the kernel source directory and type
make ARCH=um menuconfig

attention: ARCH MUST be uppercase.

A question: I got gnopernicus running several days ago, but even if I got it
reading screes such as the Gnopernicus one, I can't use any other application,
thus when I open a terminal srcore closes himself. Why? Then: I can't read
things out of the ones the cursor throws, why? If I run gedit for exampke, I
can only read the current text-line, Why? I remember some hints about
recompiling gnopernicus after having replaced a .C file but I don't remember
the file name. The second question is: can I use Mozzilla after having solved
the problems I mentioned here? Or do I need to recompile it with some
accessibility flags?

Thanks.