[BRLTTY] an accessible VM to run Linux on

Claassen, Ginger B. claassen at c-lab.de
Thu Sep 21 05:44:19 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

I can only talk a bit about my experiences I made in the last months
with my instllation which is as follows:

Laptop with windows xp and vmware workstation v5.5 and linux suse 10.1
as guest os.
I tried both the suse-blinux and the brltty driver and both work
depending on the braille display you want to connect. The suse-blinux
for example is not capable to support the Papenmeier el40s via usb
port which works absolutely fine with brltty.
Vmware is also capable of running a native installed os which I did
not try yet since my installation of linux I had before was installed
into three partitions - the old fashion way and that does not work.

Using a virtual machine under linux - no idea if that works and how
since I don't know if one of them runs in textmode - did not get
gnopernicus or orca running so far ;:)

If you have any questions regarding the way I have chosen, feel free
to contact me.

Solong

    Ginger

The box said to install Nt 4.0 or better - so I installed Solaris

SBS C-LAB                                          Ginger Claassen
Cooperative Computing & Communication Laboratory   Phone: +49 5251 60 6144
Fuerstenallee 11                                   Fax.:  +49 5251 60 6066
33102 Paderborn                                    Germany
Mobile: 0179 111 4492

Siemens Access Initiativ (SAI)
url: www.c-lab.de/~wegge
Email: claassen at c-lab.de