[BRLTTY] brlapi_getDriverId()

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Apr 24 00:32:24 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2007/04/24 at 06:14 +0200]

>Can anyone further explain this commit:
>
>r2975 | dave | 2007-04-07 03:21:45 +0200 (Sat, 07 Apr 2007) | 3 lines
>Remove brlapi_getDriverId(). (st)

The two-letter BRLTTY driver identifier codes are really not meaningful from a
BrlAPI perspective since the functions that want the driver name want the full
name. That decision was made since the full names are much more meaningful and
likely to become standardized than the two-letter codes.

>Could we perhaps announce changes to the visible API in the future
>more prominently on this list?

That was probably the last one, actually, other than future additions. If I
really felt like gettinb everyone mad at me then I'd still want to do one more
rename, i.e.  writeStruct should really be writeArguments, but I think that one
is way too intrusive at this point so I won't (unless, of course, you guys
really want me to).