[BRLTTY] initramfs

Elias Oltmanns eo at nebensachen.de
Thu Aug 9 04:57:33 EDT 2007

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Elias Oltmanns on 2007/08/06 at 12:34 +0200]
>
>>Unfortunately, brltty chokes during the coldplug phase initiated by udev after
>>the change to the real root system has taken place. This means that I have to
>>stop brltty before coldplug is initiated.
>
> Do you know why? Might you be able to collect some logs so that the problem can
> be analyzed, and, hopefully, resolved?

I believe that the usb host controllers get de- and reregistered with
the usb bus during coldplug. That's when BRLTTY looses connection to the
device and doesn't (or is unable to) reconnect. It's quite some time
since I have looked into the matter and I'm still running udev 093, so
there may well have been some development I don't know about yet. I'm
rather busy at the moment, I'm afraid, but I hope to be able to dig into
the matter more thoroughly in a month's time, or so, and might even get
round to update my system to see if anything changed wrt to this issue.

Regards,

Elias