[BRLTTY] Contraction error: Caledonia

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 25 10:10:38 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2007/08/24 at 09:28 -0400]

Hi:

>Very much to my surprise, Caledonia should use the e-d sign:

The problem is a rule in the table which says that "ed" in the middle of a
word, when followed by "o", shoudn't be contracted. This certanly looks like a
flawed rule, but I'm not sure what the right rule should be. Here, therefore,
are a few otehr such words I'd like your thoughts on:

bedouin
chalcedony
fedora
macedonia