[BRLTTY] LFS & BRLTTY SVN setup problem

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 25 11:49:49 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Georgina Joyce on 2007/08/25 at 15:54 +0100]

>I can see now it's a USB problem from the debug log.

>I wondered about the tcl error, this should not cause this problem they are
>two separate issues, right?

Yes, you're correct, and, by the way, that problem is fixed in the latest
revision.

>>Could you please include the brltty.conf lines so that we can be assured that
>>they're specified correctly?
>
>braille-driver	bm	# Baum
>braille-device	usb:		# First USB device matching braille driver.
>text-table	en_UK	# English (United Kingdom)
>contraction-table	uebc-g2	# Grade 2 Unified English Braille Code

Looks good.

>>Could you also run brltty with -ldebug and then send us all the brltty logs
>>that result from that? The easiest way to do this is to use brltty's -e
>>option to redirect logging to standard error, and to then redirect standard
>>error to a known file. You can do all of that like this:
>>
>>   brltty -ldebug -e 2>brltty.log
>
>brltty: checking braille device: usb:
>brltty: checking for braille driver: bm
>brltty: initializing braille driver: bm -> usb:
>brltty: verifying USB device root: /proc/bus/usb
>brltty: verifying USB device root: /dev/bus/usb
>brltty: USB Root: /dev/bus/usb
>brltty: USB device not found.
>brltty: braille driver initialization failed: bm -> usb:
>brltty: braille driver not found

Yes, indeed, there's something wrong with USB on your system. Can you please
give us an idea of what's under both /proc/bus/usb/ and /dev/bus/usb/ on your
system?

Do you get any logs when you connect and/or disconnect your braille display?

What's the output of lsusb?