[BRLTTY] LFS & BRLTTY SVN setup problem

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 25 17:28:52 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Georgina Joyce on 2007/08/25 at 22:06 +0100]

>Well it don't look good!

Well ... maybe it looks better than you think.

>root at orchid:/dev/bus/usb# ls -1
>1
>2
>3
>4
>root at orchid:/dev/bus/usb#

The bus numbers are there. It's just that they don't have leading zeros like
they usually do and like brltty is expecting them to have. We should be able to
adjust the code to accommodate this. Can you please do an ls on those bus
subdirectories so that we can see if the device numbers, too, have no leading
zeros?

>root at orchid:/dev/bus/usb# lsusb
>Bus 4 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
>Bus 1 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
>Bus 3 Device 2: ID 0403:fe72 Future Technology Devices International,
>Ltd
>Bus 3 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
>Bus 2 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
>root at orchid:/dev/bus/usb#

Looks fine.

>the /proc/bus/usb/ directory is empty.

That's okay. It just means that they aren't mounting usbfs and that they want
/dev/bus/usb to be used.