[BRLTTY] The Baum driver should *NOT* claim a TSI display!

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 27 00:56:52 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2007/08/27 at 10:15 +1000]

>Am I correct, however, in assuming that the problem only arises with a serial
>interface?

And, I suspect, with Bluetooth.

>Under USB, the vendor/product ids should be sufficient to distinguish a Baum
>display from a PowerBraille,

Yes.

>assuming that later PowerBraille displays have USB interfaces.

I don't think PowerBrailles are being developed any more. Our thinking,
however, should always allow for such a possibility.

>If this is right, I would rather the restriction be limited to circumstances
>in which a serial interface is used. If a Baum display is detected via USB
>vendor/product ids, the driver should continue to probe for all supported
>protocols.

I like this approach. If we're all in agreement then I'll make the change,
which would be that the Baum driver would continue to check for emulation modes
if USB is bieng used but would only check for the native Baum protocol if
serial or Bluetooth is being used.