[BRLTTY] The Baum driver should *NOT* claim a TSI display!

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Aug 26 20:15:08 EDT 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 02:20:10PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:

> One other alternative would be to introduce a braille driver parameter
> to enable compatibility to other display types in the Baum driver, and set it
> to off by default.  This way, a user that is using the compatibility modes
> of a Vario could enable this easily in his/her config file,
> and the other users would be protected from false-positives by default.

That would be fine.

Am I correct, however, in assuming that the problem only arises with a serial
interface? Under USB, the vendor/product ids should be sufficient to
distinguish a Baum display from a PowerBraille, assuming that later
PowerBraille displays have USB interfaces.

If this is right, I would rather the restriction be limited to circumstances
in which a serial interface is used. If a Baum display is detected via USB
vendor/product ids, the driver should continue to probe for all supported
protocols.