[BRLTTY] The Baum driver should *NOT* claim a TSI display!

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 27 06:45:44 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2007/08/27 at 10:31 +0200]

>> the Baum driver would continue to check for emulation modes
>> if USB is bieng used but would only check for the native Baum protocol if
>> serial or Bluetooth is being used.
>
>The Bluetooth part in the above sentence looks like an error.

So you're saying that the driver should always test for the emulation modes if
Bluetooth is being used, i.e. that it should only be careful when serial is
eing used?

>Besides, I am not a Baum Vario user, but if I were and would use my
>serial interface, I'd not like to loose the ability to use
>compatibility modes.  What about coupling the above approach with
>a boolean braille driver parameter that would still allow a user
>to enable probing of compatibility modes even if a serial interface is used?

Sure. A parameter for this is fine. Do you know if the official Baum word for
those modes is "compatibility", "emulation", or something else?