[BRLTTY] Nits in configure.ac

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 27 11:44:07 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Stepan Kasal on 2007/08/27 at 17:03 +0200]

>when reviewing a packaging issue in Fedora GNU/Linux, I noticed a nit
>in your Autoconf usage.
>Your configure.ac uses changequote(), which is not recommended by the
>Autoconf manual and clutters the code.
>It's much safer and nicer to use quoting: when a string is inside a
>pair of brackets, it's not expanded by m4.
>
>So I suggest to apply the patch attached to this mail.

Thank you. Your patch has been applied in our development stream.

There are still uses of changequote() in aclocal.m4 which need to be dealt
with. If you fix them then it'll be easier for me. :-) One of them, for
example, relies on patsubst() being expanded so I'm not sure what'll happen if
that line is quoted.

>Thanks for your time,

Thanks for your patch.