[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and ssh

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at lyse.net
Wed Aug 29 16:17:30 EDT 2007

Lee Maschmeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Brltty reads all text mode screens, so yes, it will read the ssh screen
> along with the rest. Brltty also works on Cygwin which is a Linux emulator
> that runs on Windows, so you could if you wish have both braille from brltty
> and magnification from your Windows magnifier running at the same time.
> Perhaps a way to transition to braille.
>
> HTH,

Hi

Thank you, I would love to only run a Linux distribution at my home
computer.
What I hope to be able to do is to install a linux distro like debian,
ubuntu etc with X Window System and GNOME to make my machine accessible
to sighted users (and non-text mode fans...) as well and to allow me to
use the text mode console (the remaining virtual consoles, exept 7 which
is taken by X) to administrate the machine running brltty in the
background and also be able to access and administrate remote linux/unix
hosts.

Or do I have to install the distribution running in text mode only?