[BRLTTY] Problem: make rpm

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Tue Feb 6 12:55:03 EST 2007

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2007/02/06 at 13:39 +0100]
[...]
>>Also, I would like to see that the Braille star / Braillino displays
>>could switch between status/text at the left side by pressing the two
>>space bars, for compatiblity reasons to other screen readers.
>
> Are you saying that pressing both spacebars at the same time is the usual way
> to do this? What's the normal action ... to alternate which side the status
> cells are on?

It's often used to:

  1. Switch between displaying status info in the four leftmost cells
  and no text to the right.

or

  2. Switch between displaying status info in the four leftmost cells
  AND text to the right.

As you don't need the normal cursor routing functions at routing keys
above the status cells, this keys may be used to initialize functions
such as:

- Turn speech on/off

- Toggle displaying dots 7 and 8 at characters with attributes.

- Toggle grade 2 on/off

- Toggle compressed output, etc.

Best regards,
Lars