[BRLTTY] Final release of brltty 3.8?

hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Sat Feb 17 07:15:48 EST 2007

Hi all,
Orca's braille support is back now, but the installation of the letest
Orca-dev wasn't enough:
I had to install Python-pyrex, and I have to make sure, that the brltty
binary in /bin starts insted that in /usr/bin.
Because I used once the --prfix=/usr in ./autogen, I couldn't get ridd
of that installation. My system always searches the binary in /usr/bin,
no matter how often I repeat the install procedure without prefixes.
Besides: The old 3.7.2 binary in /sbin remained and was referred to
in /etc/init.d/brltty; I had to correct this.
In order to make sure that /bin/brltty is started, I created a symlink
in /usr/bin after renaming the binary located there.
You see: The whole thing is very tricky. Is there a more sophisticated
solution for all that stuff?
Regards
Hermann