[BRLTTY] optelec alva regel

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Feb 20 05:29:35 EST 2007

Andor Demarteau <andor at nl.linux.org> writes:

> their reply (freely translated):
> we may in the future want to develop a linux driver, as of now we will
> only support mobile units and ms/windows only.
>
> well, I think your best choice in these is still the pocketvario of
> Baum, specially the new units comign out later this year including an
> extra 6-8
> (dunno exactly) braille-like keys on the top rim.

In the past, I've heard crazy horrorstories regarding the BAUM devices
stability.  A bunch of module cells falling out of the display
in a backpack.  I've also seen a vario once with about 10 of the
40 modules broken, for no apparent reason.  Has the quality of baum hardware
improved lately?  If not, I'd be very sceptic when buying baum devices.

--
CYa,
  Mario