[BRLTTY] Note about Optelec: we shouldn't stop!

mrkiko mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:40:14 EST 2007

Ah... So they think they may develope a Linux driver in the future! Good!!!
Good! Very good!

ah... I'm very worried about thath.- It's the classic story: people who wrote
for years ms-style stupid closed-source software thinks is the case to write
another closed-source software for Linux. They write many and many lines
without actually knowing many small thinks that affects Linux users:
- when libc6 is upgraded sometimes executable needs recompiling ( so users of
that "drivers" are pleased to stop upgrading)
- if there's a bug they will release a new version after some years (and...
will they release another version?)
- as many closed-source developers do when writing a Linux app for the first
time, they will miss the knowledge of many basic system mechanism, reinventing
the wheel one time again!

Oh guys: WE SHOULD'NT STOP searching infos about that device, cause we should
continue to grant anyone who has that device the freedom to look in the source
code of the software they use and have a secure piece of code in memory, not a
static standalone HEAVY MEMORY AND CPU module!