[BRLTTY] Final release of brltty 3.8?

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 21 16:01:21 EST 2007

> The ground idea for this is that things like contraction tables, just
> like device drivers, should be shared.

Understood.  My simpleton thoughts were that BrlTTY would be the only
user of these tables.  I had a great discussion offline with someone who
reminded me that other technologies on the system (e.g., braille
printing) could use these tables as well.  So...a shared resource makes
sense, and it also makes sense to try to do this resource in a very open
source way so that people from different locales can easily contribute
their knowledge.

Thanks!

Will