[BRLTTY] lock on device

Raoul Mégélazs rmgls at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 25 10:52:43 EST 2007

hi all,

FreeBSD defines a lock on the sio and uart ports.
This lock avoid to the user or a program to change the port parameters.
To the parameters of the port we have to set the parameters to
DEV.init say cuaU0.init for first usb to serial, or cuau0.init for
the first serial, and so on.
for a device we have say:
/dev/cuau0 /dev/cuau0.init /dev/cuau0.lock.

I verified on Debian, this does not exit.

i browsed the brltty code and cannot find if this is handeled.
Can you enlight me? where in the code can i found such procedure?

of course this suppose:
1. open DEV.init
2. set the desired parameters
3. close Dev.init