[BRLTTY] 3.8 has now been released.

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jun 4 20:11:19 EDT 2007

Lee Maschmeyer, le Mon 04 Jun 2007 11:53:48 -0400, a écrit :
> I wonder whether we really want to tell people that brltty runs under
> Windows. What it really does is run in the DOS box (less well known as the
> Console Window) and under Linux emulators such as Cygwin and Msys. Saying it
> runs under Windows makes it sound like it's comparable to Jaws and
> WindowEyes.

NVDA people will use it as a backend for braille output, and people
_won't_ need cygwin or mingw for installing the mingw versions and have
it read the consoles.  So yes, we can say that it runs under windows,
with the limitation that it can only read console windows, and that for
other windows, NVDA should be used.

Samuel