[BRLTTY] Fedora core 7 & brltty 3.8

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jun 14 22:38:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 03:25:57PM +0200, Sauro Cesaretti wrote:
> I tried to install fedora core 7 with the new version of brltty but it
> doesn't work correctly.
> I'm using a supervario 40 cells display braille and when I tried to
> start the driver the display braille makes some sounds and it doesn't
> start.
> I made some tests: I disconnected the display while the driver is
> runnin', then I reconnected it it in a while, then it worked.Did you
> experience this problem?

Could someone find out whether CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y in the stock Fedora 7
kernel configuration? What kernel version are you running?

I suspect you're encountering the same problem that I am under Debian.

There was a recent thread about it on the mailing list. The only known
solution, so far, is to recompile the kernel without USB suspend/resume
support. However, developers are working toward identifying the exact cause,
at which point I hope it will be possible to solve or work around the issue
without requiring a kernel rebuild. This problem is probably related to
changes made in the 2.6.20 kernel.