[BRLTTY] A data-point for the USB problem investigation

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 19 22:28:22 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2007/06/20 at 11:11 +1000]

>It appears that the Baum displays actually implement the suspend and resume
>functions, which may not be true of other manufacturers' hardware.

I suspect that others may implement the feature, but that they don't have the
same quirk.

>I don't think we've uncovered a flaw in the Baum implementation itself - it's
>probably doing exactly what is required in response to suspend/resume
>requests.

I actually think that Baum displays have a small problem. It appears as though
the USB interface itself is fully up once the resume completes but that the
rest of the circuitry, i.e. the stuff behind the USB interface, takes a bit
more time to come to life. The Baum driver has now been recoded to accommodate
this.