[BRLTTY] super live boot testing

adrian15 adrian15sgd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:28:36 EDT 2007

Jason White escribió:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 12:19:17PM -0400, Lee Maschmeyer wrote:
>> WRT Debian, it can detect only USB braille displays, right? If it's a serial
>> unit then a command of the type given above would still be needed?
>
> Correct, that's why any live CD or Linux distribution supporting BRLTTY should
> provide both. Users with USB braille displays won't have to type any commands,
> and for those with displays connected to serial ports, the process won't be
> much more complicated (they'll just have to type brltty= and supply the
> required parameters.)

So my own solution for this problem would be to ask blind people to type
'c' key and then type:

set kernel_options="$(kernel_options) brltty=type,port,table"

press the 'ESC' key and then press the 'ENTER' key.

Too much complicated against to writing simply the options.

I might improve it but I am not very sure, thank you for your feedback
anyway.

adrian15