[BRLTTY] List configuration change.

Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY. brltty at mielke.cc
Thu Apr 24 12:42:53 EDT 2008

"Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY." <brltty at mielke.cc> wrote:
> It's been repoted to me that certain posts have, on occasion, failed
> to reach certain users. In an attempt to resolve this problem I've
> reluctantly made a configuration change to the list. The "From:" line
> in the message header now contains the list address rather than the
> poster's address.

Sorry for the discord, but I decidedly resent that change. Apart from
it being quite a bit more than just inconvenient, I don't think I'm
aware of any other list being configured that way. Obviously, that is
not to say that they don't exist but it suggests to me that there have
to be other ways to ensure the delivery of postings to all members of a
list even *without* changing the From: header. Are you quite sure that
it isn't the configuration of the systems not receiving list postings
that needs changing?

> We'll just have to see how well (or not) this works out.

Maybe we do, but I hope you won't mind to explain in a little bit more
detail why this change is actually necessary since I really am
dissatisfied with this configuration.

Regards,

Elias