[BRLTTY] braille note - checking vc number

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Apr 24 23:39:18 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2008/04/25 at 12:17 +1000]

>what are the other fields talking about?

The first field shows the position (column:row) of the (left end of the)
braille window on the screen. The second field shows the position (column:row)
of the cursor on the screen. The letters to the right of the VC number indicate
the settings of a number of the preferences.

>> It's probably best to ask via the
>> list, though, so that the answers become shared knowledge.
>
>OK, I  just thought it was best to ask you since your the braille note
>driver developer.

Perhaps, but there's still value in letting other braille note users know the
answers. Also, something which probably isn't immediately obvious is that,
although I may have written that code, I still have to dig into my memory. That
code was written a long time ago when I had the opportunity to borrow a braille
note for development and testing. I neither own nor use one myself so, in
actual fact, I have to go back and check the code anyway. :-)

>Also last time I asked I did not get a response to my question.

Probably due to the list posting problems. Hopefully we're now finally past all
of them.

>So I thought you may notice it more if it was sent directly to you?

I notice them equally either way. On occasion it takes me a bit to answer,
partly because we have nine (of thirteen) children still at home and we spend a
lot of time talking with one another, partly because I dedicate a god chunk of
my time to the Bible, partly because my employer actually does expect me to do
some work once in a while, etc.