[BRLTTY] Braille tables versus contraction tables.

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Mon Apr 28 12:50:49 EDT 2008

>If we use contraction tables in place of the strictly one-to-one text
>tables,
>what are your collective thoughts on the one major difference that
>contraction
>table support splits braille windows on word boundaries whereas text table
>support doesn't?

If you're saying there would be no way to have lines continued from one
braille string to another as now, that's anathema. I must have a
non-intrusive way to know that, using a 40-character display for example,
cell 1 of the second string on a line is precisely column 41 on that line.
This is the whole point of panning with fixed windows.

Or am I missing something?

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services