[BRLTTY] Braille tables versus contraction tables.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 28 14:12:56 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2008/04/28 at 12:52 -0400]

>Why not?  Although you wish to uniformize both table handling methods
>which has some merits, their usage is often completely separate.

Because that's maintaining a lot of code for a small, albeit significant,
reason. One idea I have is to perhaps use the contracted braille toggle to
enable/disable statements other than "always" (or "set", or whatever). In other
words, when off, only the single-character representations from the table would
be used and word breaking wouldn't be used. I'm hoping others have other ideas.