[BRLTTY] usb to serial problems

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Apr 29 21:37:00 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 08:55:48AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:

> I'm confused, though. If you're using the cable that came with the BrailleNote,
> and if the converter has a male serial port on it just like a PC with a serial
> port would have, then why do you need the adapter?

>From earlier in the thread, it was an attempt to connect the braille display
to a laptop that lacks a serial port, hence requiring a serial to USB adapter.

I would recommend following Dave's advice and providing a list of what is
connected to what, and the output of lsusb -v (the -v option should give full
vendor/product ids for all of the USB devices, including the serial to USB
hardware, which should be connected when you issue this command).