[BRLTTY] Six-dot braille without contractions

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Mon Dec 1 15:51:52 EST 2008

We don't need to make the maximum time for a double press configurable. That
just adds complexity for a minuscule gain. This thing bids pretty fair to
get as complicated as Jaws. It's great if you know what you're doing and are
a fussbudget, but most people won't know and they won't care either.

Take the status cells as an example. Yeah, it's great, but I had to work
for - I don't know - a long time to recreate what I used to get with Status
cell type = Alva. I think the number of things that involve that level of
detail should be sharply limited.

If German really uses 8-dot braille for contractions then that'll have to be
taken into account. All I know is that English doesn't.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University