[BRLTTY] Native driver for Espeak?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Dec 6 19:54:16 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 09:54:09PM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:

> My gut feeling still is that we should attempt to fix the actual
> problem, namely speech-dispatcher crashing with espeak, instead
> of writing yet another speech driver.

I agree: let's not multiply speech drivers if we can avoid doing so.

It should be quicker and easier to fix the bug that causes the crashes.

For those experiencing the crashes, have you run brltty under gdb and obtained
a backtrace when the crash occurs? Or is it Speech-dispatcher which is
crashing, in which case it could be an issue for the speech-dispatcher list
rather tahn the BRLTTY list?