[BRLTTY] Russian and Hebrew with BRLTTY

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Sat Dec 13 10:18:50 EST 2008

On 13.12.2008 at 15:57:27 Ollie <mallard at ilgerone.net> wrote:

> Hello list,
> I joined five minutes ago, and I'm aready here with some questions.

That's waht this list is for :-)

> I have installed Ubuntu Intrepid, but can't use it as much as I would
> like to, because I need to read a lot in Russian and Hebrew. I'm not
> interested in speech so much as in braille.
> Is it possible to read Russian and Hebrew with BRLTTY?

Russian yes, Hebrew no.
You have to start up brltty with the following:
brltty -t ru
Note: You must add this  to the other startup parameters you use.
If you use Russian and Italian, I fear you have to restart Brltty when
changing braille table.
Did you set up Ubuntu in order tho show Russian correctly (character set
etc.)?
Hermann