[BRLTTY] Which BrlTTY commands are the equivalent of a Tab and Shift+Tab in a GUI?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 22 09:59:51 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/12/22 at 13:24 +0100]

>Because a BrlAPI client does not provide a screen, it only fills the
>current line.  I wonder how paragraph navigation should work in such
>a context, it would need to emit scrolling commands until it hits
>"the right" point, but that feels error prone.  Mind you, I never tried,
>so maybe I am extremely uninformed here.

That's all a brltty braille driver does too. It's up to the screen reader,
which is Orca in this case, to interpret and act on any given key binding. It's
entirely possible that a text area has several paragraphs within it so Orca
could, and I believe should, indeed implement PRPGRPH/NXPGRPH.