[BRLTTY] delay feature request

raoul megelas rmgls at free.fr
Sun Dec 28 06:02:30 EST 2008

Hi Jason,

> Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net>
> Raoul Migilas <rmgls at free.Fr> wrote:
> >
> > i noticed that all braille device have their own needs,
> > and worth, when something changes in the OS (irq, dma or
> > any other side effect affecting the timing), one must change
> > the delay in the concerned driver and recompile.
> >
> > 	what do you feel about this?

> I don't understand the problem. Which braille displays have you had this
> problem with, and what are the effects of this issue?

1. 2 sort of devices:
powerbraille 40, - vario 40.
i use to run FreeBSD on a laptop, with limited number of irqs,
as often on laptops.
The problem is that the devices does not start at all because a delay question.
So we must recompile to try another time delay!!!
but then, a switch would be more helpful.

best regards

raoul
rmgls at free.fr