[BRLTTY] Choosing a suitable braille display

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Feb 18 01:41:54 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Michael Whapples on 2008/02/17 at 22:24 +0000]

>The only thing being that the syncbraille is not currently in the list of
>displays supported by brltty (brltty 3.9). ~Any plans for it to be supported?

Yes. I already have the specifications for its protocdol (as well as for that
of the Braille Sense). If anyone who has one of these would like to volunteer
to do some testing for me, I'll raise the priority of this item.

>Also for use with a computer (programming will be done as part of the job) is
>the limited size (20 or 32 in the case of the syncbraille) a problem/limiting?
>Will I need to consider having the braille display for the notetaker separate
>from the braille display used for the computer?

This is a question which only you can answer for yourself. Either the smaller
size of a notetaker display is or is not a problem for you when doing
programming. If it is then you'll need two displays. If it isn't then you
won't. It's one of those personal taste issues.