[BRLTTY] Problem with brltty 3.9 on debian testing

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Tue Feb 19 18:19:14 EST 2008

Hi,

I have installed debian testing on my new Asus Eee pc and I encounter a
problem I never have had before : the braille display turns on sleep
mode every 4 or 5 seconds. when I press a key on the braille display or
on the laptop keyboard the braille display is up again but if I don't
press anything, 4 or 5 seconds after it is in sleep mode again.
My braille display is a Papenmeier braillex el40s (usb), debian testing
kernel version is 2.6.22-3
I tried with brltty 3.9 from tar.gz instead of the debian package : same
problem.
I searched on differents list archives but didn't find someone having
the same problem.
Perhaps the problem is with this particular kernel or with this
particular kernel in combination with the pm driver ?
Has someone ever encountered a such problem ?

Thx in advance for your help and suggestions.

--
Nath