[BRLTTY] Windows support

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Jan 7 11:22:10 EST 2008

If you mean by TTS systems the actual TTS engine, brltty isn't that. As
far as things go with actual TTS engines, I would say espeak
(http://espeak.sf.net) is probably the best cross platform synth for
accessibility needs, but festival may be more to your taste. If you go
commercial, there is the ibmtts (viavoice, sometimes known as eloquence)
is good, and I think the ECI API can be used in either linux or windows.

I think there are others, cepstral comes to mind, but I don't know if
the usage is common to all platforms (eg. if cepstral is only a sapi
voice in windows, or if it has an API like ibmtts (eci) and espeak).

If you meant systems which can use different TTS systems on different
platforms, I don't really know of any, or whether brltty would be what
you are looking for.

From
Michael Whapples