[BRLTTY] Windows support

Bruno Gonzalez bruno at irontec.com
Mon Jan 7 11:54:31 EST 2008

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:22:10 +0100, Michael Whapples <mwhapples at aim.com>
wrote:
> If you mean by TTS systems the actual TTS engine, brltty isn't that. As
> far as things go with actual TTS engines, I would say espeak

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'm no expert in TTS or screen readers
terminology :-)

I've reviewed about 15 software packages. Out of those, only 2 have passed
my list of requirements (open sourceness, supported languages, etc.): they
are espeak and festival, which you guys seem to consider good candidates
too. BRLTTY was the last one in my review list.

My intention is to feed the library with plain text. The task of figuring
out what text to provide would be on my side.

 From what i read, it looks like BRLTTY is a screen reader... but does it
include a syntethizer that i may be able to use directly? Or do you think
i'd better go for espeak/festival instead?

Thanks for all the useful replies!

--
Bruno González Campo

email: bruno at irontec.com