[BRLTTY] Working with braille characters in console mode?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jan 19 16:13:46 EST 2008

Hello,

Mario Lang, le Sat 19 Jan 2008 15:12:25 +0100, a écrit :
> Does anyone here know if it is at all possible to display
> braille characters (0X2800-0X28ff) in console mode

That's possible since linux 2.6.18, you just need a font that contains
braille patterns and a braille keymap, you can use the ones I prepared
here:
http://brl.thefreecat.org/linux-brl-console.tgz

> have brltty map them correctly to the associated dot combination?

Unfortunately the screen driver model still does't take unicode into
account and thus brltty will still show question marks for now.

> Samuel, I recently saw you got some patch regarding unicode console
> into linux 2.6.24, does this maybe help in that area?

Actually, I got the needed patch in a lot earlier :)

Samuel